Sincere seekers of the Old Religion are always welcome to apply for Coven Membership. Previous study, experience or knowledge is not required. A coven is a close knit spiritual and magical family and new members must resonate with the égrégore of the Coven, the Craft, and have the necessary desire and dedication it takes to join a mystical tradition.
We do not initiate people who are not known to us personally so newcomers are required to complete a probationary period of study and preparation in our Outer Court for the typical period of a year and a day. The Outer Court is essentially a coven of non-initiated seekers under the tutelage of Coven Elders. Members are expected to attend robed rites, trance work, and classes twice a month, and complete personal exercises and study assignments at home. Attendance is crucial and speaks for the quality of one’s commitment.
There are no fees, dues, or donations although volunteering to bring some cakes, wine, or flowers for rites is always appreciated. All are responsible for their own personal ritual items.
The decision whether or not to offer initiation upon completion of the Outer Court is solely that of the High Priestess and High Priest of the Coven, in consultation with the Elders of the Coven, and is based on Intuition as much as logic.
The application process includes both phone and personal interviews. To apply read the Coven Pre-requisites below and then email us a Letter of Introduction
• At least 21 years of age. We have made special allowances in the past for 18 – 20 seekers on a case to case basis. We are an adult coven with members ranging in age from 30’s to 60’s.
• Interested in a polytheistic, erotic, mystery religion that fosters direct contact with the Gods.
• Able to attend local meetings twice monthly at the appointed times.
• Not diagnosed with any emotional or psychological disorders or under medication for such disorders at this time.
• Not involved in a divorce, lawsuit, or other major life trauma at this time
• Be honest, trustworthy, responsible, discrete, and reliable.
• Have a personal residence i.e., house, apartment, condo, houseboat, etc.
• Have a means of personal transportation (buses are not an option), and a telephone.
• Have an intense desire to become a close knit member of a traditional, working, religio-magickal group with a proud lineage.
• Feel a Calling to the Lady of the Moon.
If you meet the prerequisites the next step is to email a detailed Letter of Introduction using the contact form below. Please include your name, age, any experience (solitary, coven, or other group), areas of interest and any other information that you would like to include about yourself or your spiritual path.
“The Circle is a symbol of the Moon, the Sun, the Earth, and the Universe; of wholeness, perfection and peace. The Circle is considered to be the most perfect symbol. It has no beginning and no ending. It represents both continuity and stability. We are all reflections of and in this Circle.”